You are here

Means Testing

Most individual debtors filing for bankruptcy relief are required to complete a version of Official Form 122, depending on whether a chapter 7 case or a chapter 13 case is filed. For more information, see the Bankruptcy Forms page of the Court’s website, including the Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Filing Checklists on that page.

A debtor must enter income and expense information onto the appropriate form (i.e., the 122A Forms or the 122C Forms) and then make calculations using the information entered. Some of the information needed to complete these forms, such as a debtor's current monthly income, comes from the debtor's own personal records. However, other information needed to complete the forms comes from the Census Bureau and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). The U.S. Trustee Program’s website reproduces the Census Bureau and IRS Data necessary to complete the 122A Forms and the 122C Forms. You can find that information here.

Source: U.S. Trustee Program