You are here

How can I obtain copies of my bankruptcy record?

Debtor Information

To obtain copies of bankruptcy cases filed after 2000, contact the clerk's office for assistance. Contact information for the clerk’s office is available here.

Any case filed before the year 2000 may not have documents filed electronically. These records are stored with the National Archives and Records Administration. To request copies of court records stored at the National Archives, you will first need to obtain Federal Records Center (FRC) information from the clerk's office. The National Archives will not be able to locate the requested case files without the following information: transfer (accession) number, location number, box number, case name and case number.

Once you have that information, please follow the instructions provided by the National Archives.